Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Week 7 (July 25)


Hola Everyone,

So on wednesday I will have officially been here 7 weeks!! Isnt that crazy? It sure hasnt felt that long but sometimes it does feel like it goes on for a while. Lately my scripture studying has been so intense that the time for studying isnt long enough...But we are in a classroom for 8-9 hours a day so ya, you can get pretty uncomfortable. Our zone leaders and the oldest district left today so we are the oldest district, but none of us were made zone leaders. So our zone leaders have only been here for like 3-4 weeks. Things are sweet here though, I am just so excited to teach actual people instead of just our teachers as "invesigators". Even though, it is a good feeling to commit someone to baptism. So the other day I was giving a lesson and I realized I wasnt thinking about spanish at all, just about giving the lesson - which gets me really excited for when I am fluent. I've gotten to know an Elder in our zone a little better and his name is Elder Sampson, he plays football at BYU. He told me about his scholarship and how hard their practices were..he said every day he wanted to quit and give up his full ride scholarship. Thats so sweet that you guys got a new car, i'm just excited to see the pictures of it - too bad it got rearended by that guy...and also I wish I could have been able to speak with him, even if it is a little. Oh havent gotten the pants yet, I dont know whats taking them so long. Apparently July 24th is a holiday here in Utah haha I had no idea, but our mail service/haircutting place closed for the holiday, even though today is the 25th. My shoes are holding up good, dont do much walking, I also put the insert things in them but ya we really dont walk much. I think its hilarious our car is only worth $200-400. So how many cars are in our driveway now, 5? sheesh haha. Foods not really getting all that better but you just get used to it, or stick with cereal. So I was thinking the other day how everything I've done in my life has prepared me for my mission and its really cool to think about. Even something as small as morning classes in school so its not so crazy to be up at 6:30, or having morning seminary at 6. Ive gotten two or three letters from some friends but not really, its always good to get letters so yeah it would be sweet if more of my friends wrote me. Oh cool story, I told my companion how to say a simple mandarin phrase in the bathroom and an Elder corrected the phrase and when I mentioned I used to live in Singapore turns out he lived there too, he moved in after we left so he knew the Brinleys and stuff but I remember seeing his name on facebook once or twice, he was also friends with the McCarvels I knew in singapore. One of the companionships in our district has been sick continually for about 4 weeks now, one gets better and the other picks up what they had and then returns the favor. And first one of them threw up in class, and then the other Elder threw up on Sunday. Funny thing is how our Branch Presidency chews them out for staying in their room to keep the rest of the district from getting sick and to get better. Another Elder was playing a game with the older district and in the game they smack the tops of glass bottles with water in them and the bottom bursts out (dont try this at home). So ya the bottle crushed in his hand and cut his finger up, so he needed surgery and just had it done this week. So hes recovering from that. Anyway things are good here. Send the wellness vitamins and multi-vitamins

Thanks so much, Love you all
ELder Davies



Mitch - Thanks so much for the letter

Kayla- The word for potato is "papa" haha thanks so much for the blog

No comments:

Post a Comment